Make Money At Home
As the Holidays begin to peek around the corner people are beginning to search for ways to make money at home for the up-and-coming gift giving season. Not only that, the recession has hit people hard and I honestly believe that home based businesses are going to explode in the coming years as more and more people look for ways to make money at home.
Whether you choose to offer a decorating service or a grocery shopping service, advise people on how to declutter a home or, indeed remove the clutter in your truck - the options are endless.
Make Money At Home | Ten Options
10. Grocery Shopping Service. Put an add on Craigslist or in the paper that targets the elderly and busy moms. Have people email their shopping list to you and you can do their shopping for them. If you advertise in Craigslist you will not need to spend any money on marketing.
9. Internet Tutor. I personally do not know a single person who does not own a computer. However, there are still millions of people that are completely clueless (my mother-in-law, for one) when it comes to operating their computer and using the internet. Again, you can advertise on Craigslist for free. Charge by the hour.
8. Hauling Service. If you have a truck you can advertise a Hauling Service on Craigslist. Offer to haul away peoples junk, tree branches or trash and charge per load. With decluttering so popular as people seek to get more organised and create a less stressful life their are plenty of people who need someone to remove their clutter. (See this Ultimate Guide to Decluttering if you need some encouragement to declutter)
7. Translation Service. Are you fluent in another language? Start a translation and transcription service or become a tutor. Another option is to tutor people in English where that is not their first language - especially foreign business people who have been posted to the US and want to improve their spoken English. Yet another option for those with a second language is to become a voice-over artist. Look for a specialist voice-over agency who can find you work and advise on the equipment you'll need at home.
6. Holiday Decorating Service. You can decorate residences and businesses for the upcoming Holidays. You could do both interior and exterior. Charge by the hour.
5. Live-in Carer Jobs. Help look after an elderly person who wants to remain in their own home instead of going into a residential care home and giving up their personal space and independence. According to the not-for-profit organisation the Live-in Care Hub (www.liveincarehub.co.uk) there is a massive demand for carers now more people know that live-in care is an alternative to a residential care home.
4. Window Cleaning. Charge by the window or by the size of the house. You don’t want to charge hourly because you can clean a LOT of windows in one hour.
3. Garden Care Service. Mow, trim, weed lawns and include leaf removal during the Fall. You could also include snow removal during the winter months. You will need a good mower and trimmer to start with. Investigate the competition to set your rates.
2. Start An Online Business. Join my blog by signing in with your name and email address on the home screen and I will provide you step-by-step instructions on how to start an online business.
1. Blogging. There is now a complete blogging and marketing system that you can use for $25/month. The best part? You can share with it others that want to blog and you get 100% affiliate commissions for everyone that uses your affiliate link to join. $25/month in residual income for everyone that you share the blogging and marketing system with. In my opinion, this is the best way to make money at home. Also, perforeming an SEO health check will help you.
10 Ways To Make Money At Home – Conclusion
As you can see, by using some imagination you can easily come up with several ways to make money at home. Making money at home is not as challenging as some think. Regardless of how you make money at home, new technologies such as this wireless credit card reader will help you take payments digitally.
I have started several successful businesses from my home and now I am thankful to be a full-time blogger and entrepreneur.